iFlightSim is a flight simulator available on the App Store. You can then train your IFR Flights either directly on the iPhone, iPad or iPod or you can display the cockpit on an external browser.
It has been successfully used by several pilots to practice procedures as a complement to real flights in aircrafts and in certified simulators both as students but also as pilots to keep well trained.
Link to AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iflightsim/id567717938?mt=8&uo=4
Re1.1 iPhone users: If you experience a crash after having upgraded from Version 1.0 to 1.1 you can remove the app (delete) and then install it again. This will solve the problem.
Short Videos explanation videos on how to use iFlightSim:
- External Browser
- Position of ACFT
- Select Frequencies and Identify
- CDI and HSI
- Wind Turbulence and Save Status
- Basic Flight (older)
- Instrument Usage (older)
- Approach Example
- Bugfix: after re-entry from background cockpit was blocked.
- Map: jumping of ACFT when refreshing is does not occur and dragging of ACFT is smoother
- ACFT has now Lat/Lon displayed on the map
- Choice of different map types available